Hallmark Channel’s Perfect Proposal Promotion
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
PROMOTION PERIOD: Hallmark Channel’s Perfect Proposal Promotion (the “Promotion”) starts at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on June 1, 2016 and ends at 9:00 p.m. PT on June 30, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion will consist of a random draw “Sweepstakes” and a skill-based “Contest”. The Sweepstakes consists of four (4) weekly entry periods (each, a “Weekly Entry Period”). Each Weekly Entry Period will begin at 12:00 a.m. PT on a Wednesday and end at 11:59 p.m. ET the following Tuesday with the exception of the first week which will begin at 9:00 a.m. PT on Wednesday and the last week which will end at 9:00 p.m. ET on a Thursday.
ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees of Crown Media United States, LLC d/b/a Crown Media Family Network (“Sponsor”), The Regan Group (“Administrator”), Unique Travel Corp, (the “Prize Provider”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, Sweepstakes and advertising agencies and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling or child and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, there are three (3) ways to enter: 1) Sweepstakes: Visit www.hallmarkchannel.com/june-weddings/perfect-proposal-sweepstakes and follow the directions provided to complete and submit the official registration form to receive one (1) entry in the applicable Grand Prize drawing. 2) Contest: Upon submission of the registration form log on to Twitter and create and submit an essay no longer than 140 characters in length describing your proposal story (“Story”) and submit it with the hashtag #MyProposal to be entered in the Contest and receive one (1) Contest entry; OR (ii) Upon submission of the registration form log on to Instagram and submit an essay describing your proposal story (“Story”) and submit it with the hashtag #MyProposal to be entered in the Contest and receive one (1) Contest entry. Limit one (1) sweepstakes entry per person, per day, using only one (1) email address throughout the sweepstakes, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entries received from any person in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All Contest and Sweepstakes entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries received from any person in excess of the above stated limitation will be void. Only one (1) sweepstakes entry per person/email address per day regardless of entry mechanism. OR3) Mail-in: To receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry without posting a Contest entry or visiting the website above, on a 3” x 5” piece of paper, hand-print your name, complete address, phone number (including area code), date of birth, and email address and mail in an envelope with proper postage affixed to: Hallmark Channel’s Perfect Proposal Promotion, PO Box 1006, 12700 Inglewood Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2016. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void.
By entering the Contest using Twitter or Instagram, each entrant agrees to the posting of such entrant’s name and entry and/or on Hallmark Channel’s social media pages, including but not limited to Twitter and Instagram. Sponsor shall have no obligation to copy, publish, display, or otherwise exploit entries.
SWEEPSTAKES GRAND PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATION: One (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing held on or about July 11, 2016 from among all eligible Sweepstakes entries received. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received.
REQUIREMENTS OF CONTEST ENTRIES:
Story submitted through only Twitter must conform to the following:
Potential Contest winner will be selected in two (2) judging phases. In each phase, eligible Contest entries will be judged on the criteria set forth below. Entries will be judged by a panel of experienced marketing and advertising professionals in both phases. Winner will be selected from all eligible Contest entries on or about July 18, 2016.
Phase 1:All eligible Contest entries received by Sponsor will be judged by the Administrator based on the following criteria: Originality (25%), Romance (25%), Relevance to Fiancé/Couple (25%), Successful Implementation of Proposal (25%) (the “Judging Criteria”). Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the fifty (50) Contest entries with the highest overall scores will be deemedfinalists (“Finalist Entries”) and will advance to Phase 2. In the event of a tie, the Contest entry(ies) with the highest score in the Originality criterion will be determined a Finalist Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to advance fewer than fifty (50) Finalist Entries to Phase 2 if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible Contest entries throughout the Promotion Period.
Phase 2:The Finalists Entries will be judged based on the Judging Criteria provided above by a separate panel of judges consisting of Sponsor’s representatives. The four (4) Finalist Entries with the highest score will be declared the Contest winners.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by phone, and/or e-mail and potential winners may and Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within seven (7) days of date of issuance. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the applicable drawing.
SWEEPSTAKES GRAND PRIZE:
There will be one (1) Grand Prize awarded following the conclusion of the Promotion Period. The Grand Prize winner upon confirmation of eligibility will receive:
(1): From the Prize Provider: One (1) prize consisting of a six-day/five-night Luxury Included® WeddingMoon for two (2) adults to any of the fifteen Sandals Resorts or the three Beaches Resortslisted below in Jamaica, Antigua, Saint Lucia, Turks & Caicos, The Bahamas, Barbados & Grenada as selected by winner:
The Sandals Resorts include:
- Sandals Carlyle- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort & Private Island- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa- Negril, Jamaica
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort- Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation, Ocho Rios, Jamaica- Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village & Spa- Westmoreland, Jamaica
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort- Gros-Islet, Saint Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia- Castries, Saint Lucia
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa- Castries, Saint Lucia
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa- St. John’s, Antigua
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island- Nassau, Bahamas
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis & Spa Resort - Exuma, Bahamas
- Sandals Barbados - St. Lawrence Gap, Barbados
- Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort & Spa- St. George’s, Grenada
Beaches Resorts include:
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa - Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
- Beaches Negril Resort & Spa - Negril, Jamaica
- Beaches Ocho Rios - A Spa, Golf & Waterpark Resort - Ocho Rios, Jamaica
2) From the Prize Provider: two (2) coach-class round trip air transportation tickets on a carrier of the Prize Provider’s choice to/from the nearest major US gateway of the Grand Prize winner to the resort designated airport.
3) Sandals Resorts is a Luxury Included® resort destination. Therefore, the prize provided will include luxurious accommodations consisting of one (1) room double occupancy, all meals, unlimited premium brand beverages, daily and nightly entertainment, all land and water sports, including scuba diving (for certified divers), snorkeling, Wi fi in all rooms and public areas, gratuities, and transfers to and from the resort designated airport.
4) From the Prize Provider: Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) free wedding, which consists of the Beautiful Beginnings wedding or one (1) free ReTie The Knot ceremony in the event the winner is already married. Package must be redeemed during the aforementioned stay.
The Beautiful Beginnings wedding package includes:
- Personal pre-travel wedding planner
- Personal resort wedding planner and dedicated resort wedding team
- Picturesque Wedding Location at the resort
- Preparation of marriage documents
- White Chiavari Chairs
- Musical Accompaniment (pre-recorded)
- Witnesses upon request
- 30 minute Sparkling Wine & Cold Hors d'oeuvres Delightful Reception for Bride, Groom and up to 6 guests
- Wedding gift from Sandals Resorts
- Free Wedding Website and Gift Registry
- Romantic honeymoon night turndown service for Bride & Groom
- Mimosa Breakfast-in-Bed for Bride & Groom any Morning of Choice
- Honeymoon dinner for bride and groom at a resort specialty restaurant with white-glove service and a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
- Complimentary “5 x7" Honeymoon Photo for Bride & Groom
The ReTie The Knot ceremony package includes:
- Personal pre-travel ReTie the Knot Planner and dedicated ReTie the Knot resort team
- Ceremony musical accompaniment (pre-recorded)
- Celebration cake, bouquet and boutonniere
- 30 minute Delightful Reception with sparkling wine and cold hors d'oeuvres for the ReTie the Knot couple and up to 6 guests
- Commemorative certificate
- 30 Minute Foot Massage for the Groom1
- Manicure for the Bride
- Keepsake gift
- One (1) 5"x7" Honeymoon photograph
- Honeymoon dinner for the ReTie the Knot couple at a resort specialty restaurant with white-glove service and a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
- Romantic Honeymoon night turndown service for Bride and Groom
- Mimosa breakfast-in-bed any morning of choice
5) The Grand Prize will be issued in the form of a certificate provided by The Prize Provider. The Grand Prize is NOT transferable or redeemable for cash. No extension will be given after the prize has expired. If the prize is not redeemed, the prize is void.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Sweepstakes Grand Prize: $6,500. Actual value may vary based on point of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
CONTEST WEDDING PRIZE PACKS (4): Each of the four (4) contest winners will receive the following Hallmark Signature products: two (2) gift bags, two (2) stationary notes and seventeen (17) Hallmark Signature cards. MSRP $150
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Contest Prize pack: $150 each or $600 Total. Total ARV of all prizes: $7,100.
GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize is valid for one (1) year from promotion end date (June 30, 2016 – June 30, 2017) and is subject to availability and black-out dates. Reservations will not be confirmed until 30 days prior to the selected travel date. The Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for round trip ground transportation between the Grand Prize winner’s residence and the airport of origin. Flight and Air Carrier are subject to change & availability. Restrictions may apply. Sponsor and Prize Provider are not responsible if airlines change the gateways or discontinue service from a specific gateway. Grand Prize Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary, originating from the same gateway.Coach airfare is included and is valid to/from the nearest major US gateway (Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Ft. Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Miami, New York-JFK, Newark, Orlando, Philadelphia, etc.) to resort designated airport. Each passenger will be responsible for any applicable travel taxes. The tickets are valid one year from award date and are subject to availability and black-out dates. Restrictions may apply. Trip is subject to booking availability. The Regan Group and Prize Provider will coordinate the trip. Sponsor reserves right to change dates. Prize Provider reserves the right to relocate the Grand Prize Winner and travel companion from their resort of choice to an alternate resort within their chain based upon availability of space for the secured travel dates.Restrictions may apply.
Wedding and ReTie The Knot ceremony dates and times are subject to availability. For twilight wedding time, an additional fee will be applicable. Wedding or ReTie The Knot ceremony and reception must take place at the resort where the Grand Prize winner is staying. All other wedding or ceremony options available at an additional fee. Grand Prize winner must meet all requirements for a free wedding or ReTie The Knot package including residency requirements, which vary by island (48-72 hours). Grand Prize winner is responsible for paying mandatory marriage officiant and government documentation fees at time of reservation, which vary by island ($95 in Jamaica, $288 in Antigua, $270 in Saint Lucia, $180 in Grenada, $325 in Barbados, $310 in the Bahamas, and $400 in Turks & Caicos). All fees subject to change at any time. Final payments on additional wedding options due 45 days prior to arrival at the resort. If winner does not meet the eligibility requirements for a free wedding or fails to timely pay the marriage officiant and government documentation fee, prize will be forfeited at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Grand Prize winner does not qualify for any additional wedding promotions, including, but not limited to, the $1500 WeddingMoons credit, free rooms and free nights promotions. Complimentary group concessions are applicable based on number of rooms booked with a group code or group contract. Grand Prize winner room will not qualify towards any comp room or free nights group promotions.
The Grand Prize winner must submit the following documents in order to legally marry and redeem the Beautiful Beginnings Wedding package:
- Original country-issued passports and/or state-issued birth certificates for both bride and groom (varies by island)
- Notarized copy of all court certified divorce decrees and final judgments with court’s stamp and judge’s signature for both bride and groom (of applicable)
- Notarized copy of former spouse’s state-issued death certificate with related notarized marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Sworn affidavit (or letter from clergy man, lawyer, registry, or notary public, on letterhead with applicable notarization stamps, seals, etc, attesting that neither party has not been previously married
- In some cases (based on the island) couple must hand carry all original state issued and/or court certified documents with raised/embossed seals and stamps with Judge or court clerk’s original ink signature
- All documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation
- An express fee to expedite marriage license and marry within 48 hours at $190 specifically for the island of Grenada and $341 specifically for the island of Saint Lucia
Sandals Resorts is an adult-only, couples-only romantic destination. Winner is solely responsible for any other expenses in connection with the prize not expressly described herein as being awarded, including, without limitation, any federal, state and local taxes (applicable to the Prize will be the Grand Prize winner’s responsibility to pay. Grand Prize winner will receive from the Sponsor an IRS Form 1099 (or similar) in the amount of the Prize. Prize Provider and Unique Vacations, Inc. will not provide the 1099), any luggage fees, telephone calls, Red Lane® spa treatments or services, specialty dining, tours and excursions, inter-island transportation, SCUBA certification courses, island departure taxes, purchases made at gift shops, incidentals and souvenirs are the sole responsibility of the winners. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining documents necessary for their respective international travel (i.e. passport/visa).
GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Promotion; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, The Regan Group, Unique Travel Corp and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and Promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the foregoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize (including any/all travel/activity related thereto); and (c) to the use of his/her name, address (city and state), voice, performance, photograph, image and/or other likeness for programming, advertising, publicity, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so.
In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Released Parties not responsible for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, undeliverable, destroyed, garbled, postage-due mail, delayed or stolen entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, smartphone application or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether typographical, human mechanical, electronic, computer, network, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Promotion-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the website. Sponsor may disqualify anyone from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize (and void all associated entries) if, in its sole discretion, it determines that such person is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor’s representatives. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend any portion of the Promotion for any reason, including should any cause corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion and, in the event of termination, to determine the winner(s) for the drawing(s) at issue in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received for the applicable drawing(s) up to such time of impairment.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, whether foreseeable or not and whether based on negligence or otherwise, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA.
REQUEST FOR WINNERS’ NAMES: For of the names of the winners (available after July 11, 2016) send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope by August 10, 2016 to: Hallmark Channel’s Perfect Proposal Promotion Winners, PO Box 1006, 12700 Inglewood Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250.
SPONSOR:Crown Media United States, LLC d/b/a Hallmark Channel, 12700 Ventura Blvd., Studio City, CA 91604.
ADMINISTRATOR: The Regan Group, 360 West 132nd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90061.